Sunday, August 13, 2006

2006 08 13 (Sunday).

Home - http://www.ammadreams.blogspot.com

2006 08 13, Sunday. Dreamed that I was in this kitchen making a bowl of noodle soup. Next to the kitchen was a room where Amma was leading bhajans (Hindu devotional songs). There were only 1 or 2 other people in the room and I thought how wonderful to be with Amma with so few people. One person was sitting near the back of the room playing tablas (Indian hand drums). But there was someplace I wanted to go and I was torn between staying with Amma or leaving. I put my bowl of noodle soup into a cardboard box and went to sit in front of Amma (there were some other items also in the box). My bowl of soup spilled and a brown spot appeared on Amma's sari. I thought "Oh no, this is not good!" I felt bad and bowed to Amma and tried to clean the stain out of Her sari. Amma was patient and in a neutral, peaceful mood; neither upset nor happy. I saw Her face clearly as I was cleaning up the mess. I felt happy to be able to see Her face so clearly! Amma had to sit up whle I cleaned some of the soup broth which spilled on Her seat. Behind Amma I was glad to see some paper towels which I used. At one point while I was cleaning I tried to make a little joke. I looked at Amma, pointed to my head and said "No shraddha!" ("Shraddha" is a word in Amma's language which means "mindful awareness".) Amma politely tolerated my attempt at humor. She also said some things to me which I couldn't remember (darn!). Amma was sitting next to an open window and some rain had come in and wet Her seat. I asked Amma if She wanted me to get some towels for Her to sit on. She said "OK" and I got the white towels and placed them on Her seat.

Home - http://www.ammadreams.blogspot.com