Thursday, February 15, 2007

Arunachula Dream, 15 Feb 07.

Dreamed that I was at the Ramana Maharshi ashram in the town of Tiru-vana-malai in south India. (As I write this I'm just now remembering that I visited the Ramana ashram *exactly* one year ago when I was in India. Coincidence?) Back to the dream... I was at the ashram walking around with a young lady about 30 years old or so. To my left I could clearly see Arunachula. (Arunachula is a very holy mountain to Indians and is believed to be the embodiment of Lord Shiva. I'm guessing its about 1,500 feet in altitude.) In the dream I saw that they had scraped a wide dirt path straight up from the ashram to the peak, making it much easier to get to the top. It looked like a bulldozer had scraped the path. The ground of the path was rich black dirt and was about 30 feet wide. I could see people walking up the path to the peak. In the distance I saw my deceased friend Gerry Sullivan walking up the path. My lady friend and I began walking up the path and after a few minutes we stopped on the left side of the path to eat. People where serving food along the path. I got a white plate of rice and curry and another plate of fruit and cottage cheese (I could clearly see the pieces of green melon). Before we began eating, the woman pulled out her Amma prayer book (with the purple cover) and in the back were some prayers for Ramana Maharshi. I pulled out my prayer book and turned to the same page. Then I realized I had somehow misplaced my plate of rice and curry. I was looking all over for it and was getting frustrated at myself for being forgetful. During the dream I was feeling a little of the sacred energy of the mountain and it felt good to be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home