Wednesday, August 23, 2006

2006 08 23. Weds.

Home - http://www.ammadreams.blogspot.com

2006 08 23. Weds. Dreamed I was at Amma's ashram (spiritual center) in India looking for a place to store some stuff. I was looking for Dayalu (he's a long term resident at the ashram) to ask him where I could find a storage space. At one point I heard some people say "Oh, they're going to shut down this whole area because Amma is giving darshan tomorrow." Amma's event was going to be a big deal. There was a lot of activity getting ready. I found Dayalu and he said to me "You look pretty skinny. You look like a Hindu!" I said "I know, I know. I'm trying to put on weight." Then I saw a group of younger renunciate male westerners laughing, joking and playing around in front of a storage building (they were shirtless). I felt nervous being around them because I was not a renunciate. But one of the guys (Mark?) grabbed my hand and pulled me along with the group and we sang a song and went into the storage room. Mark was giving the message that its OK for me to join them. The floor was wet in the storage room and I was looking for a shelf to put my stuff.

(Note: If Amma gives permission, a person can become a "renunciate" in Amma's organization; kind of like a junior monastic.)

Home - http://www.ammadreams.blogspot.com